Since we had already learnt about different types of animals – pet, farm and forest – I decided to do a collaborative activity on it.
What you will need:
- White chart
- Black marker
- Colored sketch pens
- Pictures of various animals
Here is what we did:
- I took a chart and divided a chart into three parts.
- The first column was for the pet animals. Here I drew a house at the bottom of the column.
- Second column was for the forest animals. Here I drew lots of trees and grass at the bottom.
- The third and last column was for the farm animals. Here I pasted a barn which I had made earlier. (You can draw the same.)
- Finally, I cut out lots of pics of different types of animals from old books lying in my class, and laid them out on the table for the kids to work on.
- One by one, the kids picked up a picture of the animal they liked, identified the category in which it fell and pasted it in that column.
7. Once every kid had a turn, they all gathered around the leftover pictures and started pasting them together!
This is how our chart looked finally:
My kiddies had a lot of fun doing this activity. The class had lots of chit chats and giggling doing the rounds. It is so much fun to see the little ones get excited over small things 🙂