This is a simple chicken recipe that you may eat as a snack or have it in your lunch / dinner with tandoori roti or parathas. You may even enjoy the delicacy with some mixed vegetable salad !!
- Chicken Leg Pieces – 8
- Green Chillies
- Lemon – 1 (juice and rind)
- Whole Black Pepper – 8-10
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 piece
- Thick Cardamom – 1 piece
- Cumin pwdr – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Oil for cooking – 2 – 3 tbsp
1. Firstly, Marinate the chicken leg pieces in lemon juice and salt (you may use vinegar instead of lemon juice) and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Now, put the onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and lemon rind in the food processor and grind into a coarse paste.
3. Now, put oil in a Kadai / heavy bottom cooking pot, and put the thick cardamom, whole black pepper and cinnamon stick. Now add the above onion mixture in it and stir fry for 5-10 minutes.
4. Eventually, add the leg pieces and stir fry on high heat for 5-10 minutes. Now add salt, black pepper powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Cover and stir fry on low heat till the chicken is done.
5. Once the pieces are done, stir fry on high heat without cover, till all the water evaporates and the chicken becomes little crispy.
6. Finally, squeeze a lemon and serve hot with raw onion slices, roti or some salad. Or enjoy the chicken just like that !!!