This was the month of fairytales – castles and kings, princess and princes, witches and dragons !!! I love it all. Also, it was a cold wintery month, so it added to the decor. We all had to add on the fairytale theme elements in our classrooms. So, here is what all I did in my class:
- First of all – a Dragon! I drew a big dragon on a full white chart. Painted it, laminated it and cut it out.
Then I put it up on a window of my class.
2. I did the same with a prince and a princess and put it up on the other side of the window.
3. In the centre, I made a castle. I actually had a fireplace which was converted into a castle.
4. Also, I made the legs of jack and the beanstalk. I stuck the legs and the beanstalk on the edge of the roof.
We also read the story so that the kids could relate the decor to a fairytale.
5. Lastly, this whole month we used special pencils. I pasted a bunch of colorful feathers to the end of the pencil. This also barred the kids from putting it into their mouth while working.
So, how did you like my fairytale decorations? Do let me know 😀