How about involving kids in birthday decorations when you are too busy with other arrangements? That’s what my sister did for her daughter’s third birthday. She is good at drawing and the little one is extremely fond of coloring !!! So, she got a paper roll and drew peppa pig and family (peppa pig being the birthday theme) with free hand.
Well, if you are not too good with your hand or want much perfection in the drawings at least (if not the coloring), the best option is to take printouts and give them to the kids for coloring.
Likewise, the other ways of involving kids can be
- Instead of paper roll (like shown in this post), give them cut outs of stars/ balls/ cartoon character of your birthday theme for coloring. You may hang them with a thread or paste them.
- If your kids can use scissors, ask them to cut out the shapes too !
Here are the birthday Decorations:
- She drew “happy birthday Avika” for coloring
2. And pasted a face – pic of the birthday girl as a member of the peppa pig family with them.
3. Then there were few scenes with the birthday theme.
Here are some other snapshots of the birthday:
A Flood of Balloons when she got up in the morning
The Invitation Card
This is a digital invitation card which was sent through whatsapp to all invitees.
Cake 1: Homemade cake with fondant decoration
Cake 2: Character shaped cake with icing
You can always think of a way of involving kids with the birthday decorations. This way you can save your time and ensure that the kids do not disturb you with other preparations!!