Children love Legos! But did you know that they can be used for more than just building? They can be used to provide challenges through mind teaser games. I came across one such activity while browsing the net. It is a simple game to boost the kid’s creative brain power.
Firstly, I made a few slips of paper with different challenges. Some were specific, like make a robot, space rocket etc.; while some were open ended, like, make something you use everyday or something that flies.
My son also loves spending his lone time with legos. So, when I gave him this challenging game, he was super excited and set down to the game immediately.
Our slip consisted of the following challenges:
- Build a garden
- Build a funny robot
- Make something using only one colour
- Build a flower
- Build something that flies
- Make a lego pizza
- Build a bridge
- Make something using every colour of lego that you have
- Build something using only 5 legos
- Build a spaceship to goto Mars
- Write your name
- Build a wagon that can carry another toy
- Make the place where you live
- Build your favourite animal
- Make some yummy food
Here are the pics of few of the things he made:
This was a least prep game for my child. Finally, it kept him busy for a couple of hours. But it kept mommy free for the same amount of time too !!
So, try this and get some free time to yourself.