Unlike my mom, I am not very fond of idli and dosa. And she keeps pestering me to try idli sambhar – i dont like sambhar at all. So one day, she surprised me with this masala idli! Though I was reluctant to try it, but once I did, I got hooked to this yummy snack. Here is the recipe for you to try.
- Suji – 1 cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Eno Salt – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 big
- Capsicum – 1 big
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tbsp
1. Mix the curd and suji and add a big pinch of salt. Add some water to make it into a smooth paste. Keep Aside for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pot. Add the onions and capsicum. Once cooked, add the tomato ketchup, salt and black pepper powder and switch off the gas. Mix well.
3. Take the idli mold and oil the base so that the idlis do not stick to the mold.
4. Now, take the suji batter, add a little water if it has turned a little thick and mix well for a uniform consistency. Now add the eno salt and mix well fast. Immediately pour the batter into the molds.
5. Cover the mold and Microwave on high heat for 5 minutes.
6. Once done, Take them out and let them cool down to room temperature.
7. Once the idli has cooled down, cut them into quarter size pieces and mix with the vegetable mixture.
8. Serve hot !!!
Its a yummy treat for adults as well as kids !!! My 3 year old is extremely fond of this dish. I even pack it for his tiffin atleast once a week.
In case you are looking for more Yummy and nutritious Tiffin/ Lunch Box ideas for your little one, explore the following page: