Mothers Day is a day for us to show our appreciation towards our mothers. It is special – not only for the mothers but for kids too! And its all the more special when you have toddlers around ! How about we make some crafty things for their grannies, or even for ourselves, to put it on the office desk or at a special place in the house.
Here are some ideas to get inspired with:
1. Photo Bookmark – Your Mom is fond of reading? Here is a cute and special gift for her – a cute photo bookmark of her grandson.
What you need – photo cut out, string, scissors, permanent marker.
- Click a pic of your kid in the desired pose. You can do this with your own pic too !!
- Take a print, cut out the desired shape, and get it laminated (for protection).
- Cut out as desired.
- Punch a hole at the top.
- Thread the bookmark with wool / thread or any other piece of string. You are good to go.
I further added some hearts and wishes, with a permanent marker, on the bookmark for decoration: –
This little thing will keep reminding her of her grandson and bring a smile on her face every time she opens her favorite book. 🙂 You can make one for yourself too !!
2. I Love You This Much
Here is a cute little card to tell mommy – how much the little one loves her.
What you need – chart paper, scissors, sketch pen, glue
- Take a chart paper and put your kid’s hands on it. Trace them on the chart paper and cut them out.
- Take a long strip of chart paper and make a fan of it.
- Stick the strip on the inside of the hands as shown in the pic below.
- Write “I love you” on the outside, and “THIS MUCH” on the fan strip inside the hands. (you can use it as a “I miss you” card too !)
Put this little thing on your office desk or on the shelf in your house. Looks so adorable !
3. Canvas Painting – This one is my Favorite. I came across this on the internet (long time back) and it instantly caught me somewhere. I decided to do this one day with my little one. I never expected the result to be so awesome.
All you need is:
- Paints – different shades of blue, white
- Paint Brush
- Canvas Board
- Chart Paper of different colors
- Glue / Fevicol
- Paint the canvas board in blue with free hand – you don’t really need to be an artist to do this.
- Click a pic of your kid – blowing a kiss. Print it and cut out the outline.
- Stick your kid’s pic on one corner of the board.
- Cut out heart shapes (or whatever other shape you like) from different colored chart papers. Stick them randomly all over the canvas in a way as if blown out of the kid’s mouth.
- Add some crystal stickers – heart shape or round shaped.
- It looked a little empty, so i added some butterflies and more crystal stickers.
Mothers Day gifts are just a simple way for us to show the women in our lives how much they mean to us and how much we appreciate all that they do for us. I hope you have a fun time putting together a Mother’s Day Gift for your amazing Mom.
Feel free to share your favorite Mothers Day Gift Ideas in the comments below so other readers can share in your creativity!