The quarantine period calls for the mommies to be in the kitchen more than ever. I went through much stuff on the internet and made my version of simple Paneer Rolls. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients: (makes 4 rolls)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 200 gm
- Capsicum – 1
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Eggs – 4 (optional)
- Green Chutney (optional)
- Tomato Ketchup (optional)
- Whole Wheat Chapatis / Rotis – 4
- Cut the vegetables into long strips . Also, cut the paneer into long strips.
- Heat the vok / kadai. Pour 1 tbsp oil and saute all the vegetables. Save the paneer for later.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, sprinkle salt and black papper and mix well.
- Add the Paneer strips.
For the Roll:
- Make 4 big thin chapatis and keep aside.
- Whisk one egg with little salt and pour on the pan. Immediately, put a Roti on top of it, so that the egg sticks to the roti. Keep on low flame.
- Flip the roti to check if egg is cooked.
- Now apply some sauce / chutney on top of the egg (optional). I did not do that.
- Now put the paneer filling in the centre and make a roll.
- Serve hot with some sauce/ chutney and some chips / crackers.