Boiled Potato Sandwich is a quick and easy recipe. It tastes well when it is hot but even better when it turns cold. I think its perfect for tiffins and picnics !! I remember my Mom packing it for us in school and even college and university ! My friends and I would gobble up the sandwiches in no time !!
So here is the recipe of these yummy sandwiches, straight out of my Mom’s kitchen!!!
- Boiled Potatoes – 3 medium – peeled and grated
- Onions – 2 medium, chopped
- Bread Slices – 4 to 6 (depends on how much stuffing you like)
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – handful (optional)
- Slices of onions and tomato for garnishing the sandwich (optional)
- Oil for cooking
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and saute the chopped onions in it.
- As soon as the onions turn light golden, put all the spices in it and mix for half a minute.
3. Now put the grated boiled potato in it and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and keep mixing now and then.
4. Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves. The potato mixture is ready.
5. For making the sandwiches, take the bread slices, apply the potato mixture on the slices, garnish with tomato and onion slices; cover with another bread slice.
6. Cook them on tava/ sandwich maker/ grill them…. have fun !!