I love samosas !! But sometimes the potato filling gets too much for me, and is thrown away. Feels bad no? Potato spirals are a yummy snack – and a twist to our darling samosas. Try it !!
- Maida – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- water – little
- boiled potatoes – 2 medium
- salt to taste
- red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Knead the dough with maida and ghee. Add very little water. Let the dough be a little tight. Leave for 15 – 20 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, mash the potatoes and add salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix Well.
- Then, divide the dough into two parts and make big balls.
4. Now, take one ball and make a roti out of it – a little thick.
5. Then, spread The mashed potato filling over the maida roti.
6. Start from one end and roll the rioti upto the end.
7. Roll it a little with your hands to spread the mixture and elongate the roll a little.
8. Divide the roll into one inch (or more) thick pieces.
9. Keep the spiral pieces face down and press a little with your fingers as shown:
10. Heat oil and fry the spirals on medium heat. Serve hot to enjoy the delicacy !!
Enjoy your monsoons with this yummy snack !!