White Sauce Pasta is a delicious recipe. It has a very nice and neutral flavor and you can team it up with a strong flavored side dish. It goes well with crackers, sausages, garlic bread toast, stir fried vegetables, or just stir fried green beans etc.
Here is the recipe:
- Spaghetti Pasta – 1 packet
- Finely Chopped Vegetables (onions / capsicum/ mushrooms etc.) – 1 cup
- salt to taste
- black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Herbs (optional)
- For White Sauce:
- Milk – 1.5 cup
- Maida (All purpose Flour) – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Boil Water in a pot – add a little salt (1/2 tsp) and a tsp of oil to it.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the spaghetti and let cook till it is AL Dante.
- Drain and set aside the boiled spaghetti.
- Heat Oil in a pan and cook all the vegetables. Remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt a little butter, add the maida and cook for a minute. Keep stirring it.
- Now slowly, start adding a little milk at a time, while continuously stirring it, to avoid any lumps.
- The mixture will start to thicken. At this stage add salt, black pepper (or any other herbs you want).
- Keep stirring till sauce becomes smooth.
- Now add the cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Add the boiled spaghetti and mix well nicely.
- Add any more dried herbs if needed.
- Serve White Sauce Pasta Hot.
- Instead of spaghetti you may use any other pasta that you like.
- Sprinkle Oregano/ Basil/ Chilli Flakes or any other herb that you like.
- You may add grated Cheese on the top or add to white sauce.
- You may choose the veggies according to your preference. Just chop it finely.