Bread besan toast recipe- Learn how to make this quick, easy and filling recipe with bread and gram flour. Eat kit for breakfast or during your snack time. This easy savory bread toast recipe is good for toddlers and kids too. My son is also very fond of it.
- 6-7 bread slices
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- 1.5 cup finely chopped onions, capsicums and tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- 1 – 2 green chillies, very finely chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- oil for cooking
1. Take gram flour in a mixing bowl. Add all the spices and mix well.
2. Add all the veggies, coriander and ginger. Mix well.
3. Now, add water slowly and whisk well to make a smooth lump free batter.
4. Heat a tava and add oil to it. Take a bread slice and dip it in the prepared batter from both sides. Toast the batter coated bread on the hot tava from both sides until golden brown.
Alternatively, you may grill in a toaster without oil too. It tastes equally good.
5. Serve besan toast hot with some ketchup.
- If the batter is too thin and it doesn’t coat the bread properly, just add 1-2 teaspoons more besan.
- It is better to use a non stick tava for this recipe.