Mornings are generally very busy – especially for the working ladies. And generally in the rush, we end up skipping our breakfast – which is not good !!! Egg Muffins are a very easy to make breakfast. Just mix up the batter and put it in the oven, while you ready your children for school or are getting ready for office. And by the time you are done, breakfast is ready !!
This is even a good option for a snack in the evening. Try it out and have fun playing with various ingredients as per your liking !!
- Eggs – 4
- Vegetables (finely chopped) – onion, tomato, capsicum – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Beat the eggs.
- Add all other ingredients into the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into muffin tray.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Check whether it is cooked or not by inserting a toothpick or knife in the center. If it comes out clean, the egg muffins are good to go. If not, put them back in the oven for some more time accordingly.
- Serve hot with toasted bread and or pasta.
- The best part of the recipe is, that the quantities of the ingredients are not fixed. You can alter the quantities or skip/add any ingredient that you want.
- Add whatever vegetables you like – peas, carrots, broccoli, etc.
- Add some grated cheese – either on top or mix with the batter itself.
- Add other herbs as per your liking – oregano / chilli flakes/ basil etc.