Fathers Day is extra special. Fathers are a pillar of strength for the family. They are the most underrated, un-praised and unsung people and yet they are the most valuable asset of the family. And with the Fathers Day approaching, let’s prepare to appreciate and acknowledge all that they do for us.
Here are some ideas to get inspired with:
1. Stress Ball
With today’s stressful life, Dads tend to burn out at times. Lets make them a stress ball to ease out all the tensions. Its a 5 minute craft but very effective.
- 2 Balloons
- Maida (All-purpose flour)
- Permanent Marker/ CD Marker
1. Stretch the ballon to ensure it doesn’t stick from inside. Fill it with Maida upto the neck and tie a knot.
2. Take another Ballon and cut of the brim at the end of the neck to ensure better elasticity.
3. Wrap the filled up balloon in the second balloon. this will ensure better protection against “leakage”.
4. Just Make some face/ add some words and you are good to go !
5. And you can stretch it many ways !
2. Cars Photo Frame
This is again a very easy and quick little gift to make for Daddy.
- Piece of string
- Fevicol / Glue
- Brown Tape
- Cars Stickers
- Photographs of Kid with Daddy
- Permanent Marker
1. Cut the Cardboard in desired shape, and punch 2 holes and thread the string for hanging.
2. Paste Black / Brown Tape along the borders to mark the road.
3. Stick the Photographs in desired manner.
4. Here I let my little one stick the car stickers all around. Both of us were very proud of the outcome !!
3. Photo Bookmark
This little gift is great for the Dads (or Grandpas) who love to read. A bookmark with a cute photo of their son (or grandson) is bound to bring a smile on their face every time they open their book to read.
What you need – photo cut out, string, scissors, permanent marker.
- Click a pic of your kid in the desired pose. You can do this with your own pic too !!
- Take a print, cut out the desired shape, and get it laminated (for protection).
- Cut out as desired.
- Punch a hole at the top.
- Thread the bookmark with wool / thread or any other piece of string. You are good to go.
4. “I Love You This Much” hands card
Here is a cute little card to tell daddy – how much the little one loves him.
What you need – chart paper, scissors, sketch pen, glue
1. Take a chart paper and put your kid’s hands on it. Trace them on the chart paper and cut them out.
2. Take a long strip of chart paper and make a fan of it.
3. Stick the strip on the inside of the hands as shown in the pic below.
4. Write “I love you” on the outside, and “THIS MUCH” on the fan strip inside the hands. (you can use it as a “I miss you” card too !)
Daddy can put this little thing on his office desk to remind him of his bundle of joy. Looks so adorable !
5. “Hooked to you Daddy” Handprint card
Though we made this for daddy’s birthday, I thought of sharing it here. This cute little card can be transformed for Father’s Day!
So this Fathers Day, surprise your daddy and tell him how much you love him !!