Mothers Day is just around the corner! And just the thought of it starts filling up with so much love, gratitude and admiration for that one person in our lives – who is our best friend and sometimes the most taken for granted one !!!
Make it special for her – spend time with her – take her out for lunch / dinner / movie; make an appointment for her at the salon or spa. For a more personal touch, cook her favorite dish for her (for a change).
And gifts – buy her something, it feels special. Be thoughtful – think of something she has been wanting to buy for long – that dress/ bag, accessory or that expensive crockery – whatever you can do for her, do it ! Make her feel on top of the world 🙂
But sometimes, buying mothers day gift can be very overwhelming. And if you ask Mom what would she want, every time the reply is “I don’t need anything!!” Ah!!! Things just got more difficult?!
Here are some inspirations to your rescue.
1. Gift Baskets
How about an assortment of goodies she loves, wrapped up in a box or a basket? You may alter it according to your mother’s needs, choice and preferences. You can either make your basket with a theme or you can fill it with random items.
I took the random route. I picked up a bunch of things she likes, and few to keep her cool this summer and healthy !
So this basket has:
- 2 magazines
- A flower print coaster set
- A nice blue hand towel – Blue’s her favorite color
- A face wash – to wash off the summer heat and dirt
- Hair Clip
- Digestive Biscuits
- Yakult – for better immunity
- Mason Jar Sipper – for the detox and healthy waters
- Green Tea
- Bag Clips – found these at a local crockery store, I knew she will love them.
Just decorate it with some ribbons and / or a mothers day tag and you are good to go. You may even wrap it up in cellophane wrap and tie a ribbon around to make it look more fancy.
The second option is for a mother who loves to bake. I put in an assortment of baking stuff – some measuring spoons and cups, silicon cupcake mold, heart shaped cake mold, some kitchen napkins and an apron. Also, there is a towel and a magazine (to pass time while the stuff is baking in the oven).
I believe Gift baskets are a good gift options as Mothers “have everything and need nothing” 😉 Just put in an assortment of goods as per her likings – if she is a beauty/ health freak, or loves gardening or knitting – whatever. Everyone loves gifts !!
Glass Jar Momento
Here is another gift option, just in case you want to do something extra and memorable for her.
This is a little garden of her children and grandchildren in a mason jar.
What you will need:
- Glass Jar
- Chart Papers of different colors
- small branches
- glue / fevicol
- colored pen
- green crepe paper
- sketch pens
- face pics of children and/ or grand children
How to make it:
- Shred the green crepe paper into small thin strips to make the grass.
- Put it inside the glass jar – fill it almost to the top.
- Stick some stickers on the jar – I used butterflies & crystals. You may use anything that looks pretty.
- Cut out flowers out of a chart paper – as many as the number of kids and/ or grand children – we are 4 in total.
- Cut out all the faces and stick in the center of the flower. Decorate the petals with some colored pens if you would like.
- Stick the flower on a branch with the help of a tape.
7. Cut out some butterflies out of chart paper and stick them on a branch in the same manner and decorate it with some crystal stickers or a colored pen.
8. Make a Badge for “Happy Mothers Day” as under:
Take a pink chart paper, make a fan and staple from the center.
Stick the last sides together as shown below – it makes half a badge. Make one more half badge.
Stick both halves together as shown below:
Stick a circular chart paper in the center and write your wishes on it. Stick it to a branch.
9. Place all the branches in the glass jar and the gift is ready !
Glass Jar – another option:
Here is another option – much simpler.
What you need:
- glass jar
- Red Color Acrylic paint & Paint brush
- Some crystal stickers
- chart papers
- branches / straws
- Your kid(s) pic(s)
How to make it:
- Paint the glass jar with acrylic paint.
- Stick some crystal stickers when it is still a little wet.
3. Trace your kids’ hands on a chart paper and cut the outline. Write some wishes on the hand shaped cutouts. Stick them to a branch (or straw) with tape.
4. Cut out your kids pic in desired shape and stick it on a branch / straw.
5. Put both hands and pic of kid in the jar. You may further include some stars / butterflies cutouts and include in the jar. And – Done !!
So this mothers day, show your Mom how much you love her, with a handmade gift straight from the heart.