Christmas celebrations are special at our home. Here is a list of few things which we do every year, for you to choose from or get inspired from.
1. Buy a Christmas tree – artificial or real. You can use it repeatedly over the years. Secondly, buy some ornaments and decorate the tree along with your little ones.
2. Tell them the story of Jesus and the traditions related to the festival. Let this be age specific. You can always google the information, if required.
3. Get a big stocking and hang it near the Tree. Buy some gifts for your kids and place them under the tree once they go off to sleep. The next morning, the first thing they will be doing is checking on the gifts and opening them.
4. Read some Christmas stories to your little ones, like, the elves and the Shoemaker, The Gingerbread Man, The Snowman, Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer, etc.
5. Every night before Christmas, we keep a plate of cookies and a glass of warm milk on a table beside the Xmas tree for Santa Clause. “momma he works so hard, he must be tired and hungry!” said my little one last year 😀
6. How about some Crafts and/ or Activities! We did a few this year. You can check them out:
7. Watch a couple or more of Christmas related movies with your kids. Just keep some popcorns and cupcakes handy. We plan to watch some movies this year, now that my little one seems interested in them.
8. Decorate Around the House – There are many inexpensive ways to decorate your home. You may do the above mentioned crafts and put them around the house. Another idea is to make a lovely centrepiece with a basket, few ornaments and some pine or other similar leaves. Add some candles and candle holders around.
9. Do some coloring and/ or painting with them. If you can lay your hands on Christmas coloring books, that would be great. Otherwise, just draw some Xmas tree, Santa Claus, ornaments, etc. on plain sheets of paper and give them for coloring and decorating. My sister had gifted him a Christmas themed Sticker and Activity Book. We have loads of fun filling a few pages everyday 🙂
10. Joy of giving – Buy some packets of biscuits, crackers, candies and other inexpensive, but filling goodies. Keep them in your bag/ car. Give them to the underprivileged / needy people, anywhere.
Bring in the joy to your home. Celebrate the day with your family and loved ones.